Saturday 3 April 2010

The Affects of PKU

today i thought i'd share a little story (as suggested by my freind andy)
as the name suggests im going to talk about what bad affect pku can give on me,
today i am talking about the time when i got seriously ill.

It started off as a normal high tempture flu but
like i said before being ill seriously can affect me, (breaking down my own body protien)
and when i'm ill my protien subsatute drink (which i just call my drink) tastes even WORSE
so when i had flu i refused to have them because i felt like i was going to throw up i also didn't eat anything,
because of this i was in a downwards spiral and became very unwell, towards the end
my mind was really messed up and i was hearing voices and i couldnt focus at all.
now,
as i said in the last post my phenylalanine level has to be inbetween 200-700
when i was ill it was 1000, that is seriously damaging to me so we had to go on a strict diet after
my illness to get it wayy back down.

so when i'm ill it is very important to keep me on the diet and to have my drinks so that i get better faster :)

tomorrow you will hear about the time of when i had an operation on my teeth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment